A.R.T. manufactures or has manufactured the following equipment (click to expand models list):Cables
A.R.T. web site (June 2009): All Hi- fi systems as we currently know them, share certain fundamental traits regardless of their stature: They require a source. The information from that source must be amplified somewhere along the chain to be acceptable to luodspeakers. All of the parts must be joined. All of these parts have physical substance and exist in space. At least one of these components (the loudspeaker) moust occupy the same space in which the music is heard.
Every one of these components and the individual parts they are comprised of will be acted upon by physical vibration, electromagnetic fields including those generated within the component itself, by associated equipment, by those already present in buldings, and by Ultra High Frequency Digital Pulses.
If all components are acted upon by these same forces, then the sonic consequences must be similar for all. If a method existed whereby we could totally isolate the components from physical and eletromagnetic impact and prevent loss at interfaces and through connecting wires, we could assume that the sonic consequences of this isolation and loss prevention would also be similar for all systems.There are foru major types of treatment that could be applied to currently existing equipment:
- 1.Vibration Control: Preventing external vibrations from feeding into components and loudspeakers, and preventing internal vibrations from affecting critical source perfomance.
- 2.Power Isolation: The mains power that enters equipment brings with it al manner of turbulence and spuriae. Isolating components one from the other and from deleterious outside influences will greatly affect how they function.
- 3.Interface Enhacement: The places where equipment is joined are especially vulnerable to loss as is the interface between the source material and the equipment which reads it. Preventig loss in these places is especially important.
- 4.Signal delivery: As the signl travels from source to amplifier to speakers via wires it is critical that those wires not be subject to damaging enviromental influences. They should be constructed in such a way that no signal is lost.
If such methodology existed and functioned perfectly, we could assume that system colorations yould now be due solely to the character of the components themseves. If cables existed that could deliver close to one hundred percent of the signal from point A to point B, we would not be able to characterize them as filters.
What kind of sonic similarities would various so treated display ?- Rich inner harmonic detail. If there is no loss of signal we would hear the maximum that the source, amp, and speakers are capable of providing.
- Clarity and lack of smear. Bass frequencies especially become woolly and indistinct when out of phase waves feed back into the original signal. Bass detail will be rich and defined and give weight and authority to instruments all the way up the frequency spectrum.
- A highly enhanced sense of spaciousness and openness. Field interfereces and physical vibrations both tend to inhibit the very finest nuances of decay. The brain relies on these subtitles to construct a sense of the proportions of a space and the directions from which sounds emanate.
- A natural and relaxed sound. A system free grom interfereces will have an effortless quality. The signal, rather than having to find its way through turbulance, will travel smoothly as though gliding on a calm lake. Fortunately for us such a methodology now exist in the form of cables and accessories from A.R.T (AUDIO REFERENCE TECHNOLOGY). All systems outfitted with A.R.T cables and accessories will exhibit the above qualities. Since the befits are incremental it is possible ro arrive at the endpoint one step at a time realizing increased befits every step of the way.
- We should not forget that the ultimate component is ourselves. We are more subtly constructed than any system imaginable, and we have the capacity to internally model the behavior of the system we are listening to. If the signal is struggling, we are struggling with it. Is the signal is freed, we are freed. Our spirit can soar,and,after all, isn't that what music is all about?