KD-47-F, Turntable

Read more on the Kenwood KD-47-F in our home audio section

Mike Toole2006-12-23 02:32

I haven\'t used my turntable in quite a while (actually it\'s been a couple years) and recently I tried to play an album. The album played OK for a couple of songs and then the turntable began acting erratically. While a record is playing, the turntable will sometimes slow down, then play normally, and sometimes even stop. I thought it might have been a stretched drive belt (I bought the unit in 1989) so I bought a new belt and installed it. The same problem exists after installing a new belt. The turntable doesn\'t always slow down (or stop) the same way each time I try it - sometimes it will work normally longer than other times. It does, however, begin to slow down and eventually stop whenever I use it now - it just does it at different intervals so it\'s hard to figure out what\'s causing the problem. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.