TX-108, Reciever as a Pre-Amp

Read more on the Onkyo TX-108 in our home audio section

Eric 2010-11-09 08:31

I have a TX-108 Integra Receiver that I would like to use as a Pre-Amp for my Integra M-504 Amp.

Question is, can I do this and what is the appropriate wiring ??

Or second question - Is there a Pre- Amp Output Modification that is known of ?

Especially one that would allow the continued use of the Receivers amplifier section for possibly Bi Amplification use. I just don't have the extra money to spend on a quality Pre-Amp and would like to attain as much functionality as possible with what I already have.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do understand that Modifications cost money but I like the feature set of My TX-108 already and would love to do this at the least possible cost.

Sincerely,
Eric

Advertisement

Steve2010-12-15 03:27

I'm unsure of the all inputs of your TX-108 but there should be a tape out (it's probably called tape rec). That will get connected directly to the input of your 504 amp. Then select the input (CD, etc) on the front of your receiver that you are using and press the tape monitor button. That should route your source audio to the amp. Reply if that does not work and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.