, pop away success?

Read more on Acoustat in our home audio section

Frank Murphy2011-05-13 18:29

i have read several accounts of how to solve the occasional popping of panels -vacuuming, compressed air, slapping, and many reports of failing to solve the problem using any and all of these techniques. I have noticed that just placing my hand on the grille cloth hard enough to contact the grid will induce a pop. my question: does anyone know of even one report of success in making to pops go away?

Advertisement

Mike Sa2012-09-08 21:13

Yes, any (or combination) of the above will work. I have successfully de-popped both Acoustats and Soundlabs with thorough vacuuming only. Acoustats M-3 have been playing for the last 15 years without popping ever again; Soundlabs A2x I only have for about 6 months and they have been free of pops since day one when they have been vac-ed. I have even been able to increase the bias on them significantly without reintroducing the pops. But, YMMV - you might have a really bad luck of stator insulation being damaged in which case nothing will help except locating the fault and fixing the insulation.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.