Kennedy Ampex topic reply
Mark Gillard Turntables new topic
Termboon Dej-udom Spectral Audio topic reply
David Jacobs Quadraflex 969 specifications
Pharmd52 Optimus topic reply

PL-5-U, Amplification suggestion?

Read more on the Planex PL-5-U in our home audio section

Mike Peshkin2004-03-20 15:07

My father recently passed away and I found a pair of Planex sound panels that he\'d had for quite some time (Model PL-5-U) Made in Argentina by Bertagni for Fisher. A friend and I hooked them up to some cheap electronics and were rather impressed. They\'re like new! If you know of these speakers, can you suggest amplification, i.e. what types/brands might produce better sound? I write for Positive Feedback online and I\'m looking forward to writing about the entire experience (I\'ve known the speakers were there in his house for well over 20 years, but never really looked at them, thinking they were some cheap \"pretty things\" with some cheap paper cone drivers attached to the back of the plywood panel...imagine my surprise when I finally took a good look at them!). Any info would be appreciated! Mike Peshkin, reviewer, Positive Feedback

Advertisement

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.