Tony Galloway RDL Acoustics new topic
Roy A. Esposito Acoustat topic reply
Mike Luxman MQ-80 specifications

SR-804, great receiver

Read more on the Hitachi SR-804 in our home audio section

Marty Jewell2019-02-08 14:31

I purchased my SR-804 receiver on 8-28-1979 at tech hifi (12 W45th st NYC) for $355. What I like best is that it runs cool. After eight hours of use it's barely warm. Not loaded with features, but has the important ones like bidirectional dubbing and high filter. Power is it's strong suit. It can drive my Ohm Acoustics model L's and EPI-180's to truly lease breaking levels. This has been my main receiver for almost forty years! I have used a Pioneer SX-880 and Marantz 2252B, but like this Hitachi best. Not a warm sound but an articulate, "clinical" sound. Well recorded material sounds awesome. No drop out at low listening levels and gets loud but stays clean. The FM performance is excellent too for a unit in this price range. The Pioneer and Marantz both would get very warm (almost hot) after hours of use. Just sorry I didn't buy the SR-904. Still, no regrets. An excellent component.

Advertisement

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.