MK-121, One speaker has low volume

Read more on the Acoustat MK-121 in our home audio section

Chris2012-03-09 03:14

Hi, I am having a problem with one of my interfaces attached to a Acoustat Model 4. One channel has very low volume coming from it so I did the following to diagnose it: I started by swapping parts back and forth between the two interfaces and narrowed it down to the high voltage board with the speaker outputs. I replaced the 3300 pf caps, tested the high voltage diodes using a power supply and measuring the voltage drop across it when in series with a 250 ohm resistor and they all checked out. I also measured the 50K ohm resistor and the .01uf capacitors leaving only the 500M ohm resistor which I orded and am waiting on. I was just curious if anyone knows or sees anything I may be overlooking? It is possible I ran a signal through the amp while it wasn't plugged in and I remember someone telling me that it was bad to do and would blow out a particular component. Has anyone herd of this? Thanks in advance for any help, Chris

Advertisement

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.