Z-30, info needed

Read more on the JansZen Z-30 in our home audio section

Anthony2004-02-24 00:35

I have a pair of Janszen Z-30 that I got from a garage sale for $30 N.Z. Just wanting to know how old they could be, If anyone has info on them spec sheets or a manual. How much would they be worth. They sound great. Thanks Anthony

Advertisement

Joerg Baar2004-02-24 00:36

Anthony wanted to know the price for his Janszens Z-30 that he got in a garage-sale for $30. I saw a working pair in good shape these days for over 550$ sold in eBay. I do not know if they are worth it but that is what enthusiasts give for them.....

Jim H2005-04-26 00:43

I paid $150 CaD for mine at an auction ten years ago. I\'m pretty sure nobody else knew what electrostatic speakers were. In the early 70\'s I went to Bay-Bloor Radio in Toronto, Canada to hear a set of Dayton-Wright full range panels that were about 75\" square. The clincher was that the saleperson dropped the stylus on the record at one point which caused an arc, apparently blowing a hole in the mylar!

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.