Monitor 3, Acoustat's that hum

Read more on the Acoustat Monitor 3 in our home audio section

Gerald Mosley2005-09-08 19:22

HELLO First of all this is a great! site. I have a pair of Acoustat\'s monitor 3 that are huming and I don\'t know if that is a sign of them going out or what.sos can anyone help

Advertisement

Michael Savuto2006-06-29 15:18

Hi George, There are two kinds of \"hum\" that Acoustat Servoamplifiers can make. The first is a mechanical hum from the high voltage transformers, the large transformer on top of the chassis. It is not heard through the speaker itself, but only in the vicinity of the amplifier. This is not uncommon and doesn\'t mean there are any problems. The second is a hum you you hear through the speakers along with any audio signal. This indicates that there is a problem with the amplifier. Usually, though, this second type of hum also causes another problem which you have not described, that the amplifier refuses to go into the standby mode from the full power mode. Hopefully this answers your question, but if not you may contact me at acoustat@swbell.net Mike

Yann Zeeuwe2007-12-09 21:29

Dear Mike, This is a test of our new mailing system. Whenever someone posts a question in model X. monitor 3 or monitor 4, you will receive an email. Friendly greetings, Yann Zeeuwe www.audiocircuit.com

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.