Spectra 22, MK-2123 Interface

Read more on the Acoustat Spectra 22 in our home audio section

John Scandrol2004-02-23 22:21

I have a pair of Acoustat mk-2123 speakers of which one of the voltage amp needs repaired. Do you know where I can get a schematic for these and or who I can contact to get replacement parts?
Thanks, John.

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

The MK-2123 is a transformer step-up system and bias power supply, not an amplifier. It is used on the Spectra 22/2200/33/3300 models. A schematic is available on this website, listed under the 2200 or 3300 (same schematic for either model - only the transformer tap is different).

Some parts are available from electronics distributors. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to purchase replacement transformers. If you have bad transformers, repair is available from Sounds Like New, listed on this site under ”Refurbishing”. Note that they do not sell parts, so you would need to send the interfaces (not the whole speaker) to them for repair. Tell \'em I sent you!

Once you have looked at the schematic and done some troubleshooting, I may be able to assist you further with parts sources if you determine the problem is not with the transformer(s).

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.