Spectra 1100, Driver type

Read more on the Acoustat Spectra 1100 in our home audio section

Larry Delrosso2004-02-23 22:21

Andy, what type of driver should I use to replace in my Acoustat 1100. Thanks, Larry

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

The woofer in the Spectra 1100 was custom made, and I do not have any information concerning a currently available replacement. I do not have any specifications on the woofer. Several Acoustat owners have asked this question, and I am hoping by now that someone has found a suitable replacement. If anyone has information, please share it!

The ESL portion of the speaker is rather inefficient, so a replacement woofer does not need to be a high-efficiency model. What is important is that the woofer has a very low resonant frequency (f3), about 28-30 Hz. It should also have a compliance suitable for a well-controlled behavior in the 1100\'s woofer box volume.

You might try contacting Sounds Like New, listed on this site under ”Refurbishing”. I doubt they have any woofers available, but it\'s worth a try.

Again, if anyone has successfully replaced the woofer in the Spectra 11 or 1100 (they are not the same woofers), please share the information!

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.