, Various, purchase information

Read more on Acoustat in our home audio section

Don Lewis2004-02-23 22:21

Andy, my name is Don Lewis and I live here in Phoenix. Phone 480 860 8591. I would like to purchase a pair of Acoustats. I see some for sale on the ESL web site. My problem is I am not sure of what to buy. Many years ago I had a pair when I lived in Michigan in the late 70\'s I wish I could remember what the model was. Anyway I would appreciate it if you could advise me what to buy (speaker and amps) and or knowledge of a source. Something here in the area would obliviously be wonderful but anywhere if O.K. I sure you get too many requests but when I saw that they used to be made right here and then your name I could not resist. By the way I know a Joe and Linda Szabo here in town, any relationship? Thank you and it would be great if you could take the time to help. Regards, Don Lewis

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

If I were searching for a pair of Acoustats, I would certainly seek out one of the Spectra models. They represent the finest products made by Acoustat. The only remaining question would be which Spectra model. Since all the Spectra models have very similar sound characteristics, it becomes a question of how much you want to spend and how much room you have available. Take a look at the model listings on this website to see a basic description of each model. There are many amplifiers to choose from, and I make it a habit of not making recommendations in that area. Be aware, however, that unless you listen to only very low-level, soft music, you will need an amplifier of at least 100 watts per channel (8-ohm rating) with a known capability of driving low impedances.

Sorry, but I am not related to your friends. Szabo may be an unusual name, but it is actually very common among people of Hungarian decent.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.