Raphaël Bouziane Krohn-hite new topic
Thomas Maguire Abraxas new topic
Marc Poitras BKS Audio topic reply
Marc Poitras BKS Audio new topic
Scott Crockett Kenwood LS-408-B general information

1, Various, MK-141-C, values?

Read more on the Acoustat 1 in our home audio section

Rashaud Williams2004-02-23 22:21

I have a pair of MK-141-C What is the value them. I would like to know the RMS rating on them and can I hook up any subwoofer to them.

Advertisement

Andy Szabo2004-02-23 22:21

I\'m not sure what information you are seeking, but I suspect that you think that there is a subwoofer power amplifier inside the MK-141C. There is not.

The MK-141C is the designation for the interface electronics for the Acoustat Model One hybrid electrostatic loudspeaker. The ”interface” is the high-voltage bias power supply and audio step-up system. The Model One is a three-piece system: two ESL panels each with an MK-141C interface, and a mating, non-powered subwoofer. The crossover for the woofer is contained inside the woofer cabinet. Therefore, the signal from the amplifier merely passes through the MK-141C (via the fuse), and is fed full-range to the subwoofer.

To use a different subwoofer with the Model One, it must have its own crossover. It can be a self-powered subwoofer, or a non-powered unit, driven from the same amplifier as the ESL speakers. You can use a single woofer cabinet that sums left and right channels (as original), or one cabinet for each channel. This will depend upon which subwoofer you choose. I do not have any brand or model recommendations.

In any case, the woofer crossover needs to roll-off at -12 dB/octave, starting at approximately 150 Hz. Due to the second-order crossover, you will probably want to connect the woofer out-of-phase for best results.

Stephen2018-03-06 03:01

Hi, will the MK-141c be able to power the 1&1 as well as the model 1?

Separate 8” subs will function separately up to 100hz

Stephen2018-03-06 04:01

My question is that I want to use the mk-141c on the 1&1s. Not the model 1.
Should this be a good match, just like with the model 1? I’m using electronically
crossed over sub at 110hz at 24db slope

Acoustatanswerman2018-04-23 02:45

Yes, the MK-141 is compatible with the Model 1+1. In fact, Acoustat made a model called the "1+1S" that used the MK-141 interface and a single passive woofer. Using active crossovers and a powered woofer would be a better approach. However, I would recommend a crossover point somewhat higher than 110 Hz: the MK-141's natural roll-off is closer to 150 Hz.

Post a reply

Your name will appear on the website next to your contribution. Your email address will only be used to contact you if something is wrong with your contribution. It will not be shared with others.